Saturday 27 November 2010

5th 9th, 17th & 21st Lancers

With the continuing development of the Hat plastic Zulu War 17th Lancers, I thought I would post a few of my images from my Colonial War cavalry image bank...

The plan (with some help from Mr. Imagination) is to create Lancers from the Royal Irish (5th) Regt who fought at Suakin in 1885 and the 9th Lancers who, I believe were in the thick of the action during the 2nd Afghan War 1879/80...we await the arrival of HaT's colonial cavalry...



















If anyone knows of any other images of either the 5th or the 9th in their colonial garb...I would be very grateful of any information.

10 comments:

  1. Nice set of pics...the pith helmets in the last couple of pics...never seen those before.
    I admit to being bitten by the colonial bug...I bought a set today as a tester and will set to painting them up soon :-)
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul

    Looking forward to seeing your painted testers...the pith helmets your refering to are (I think) covered by a new style of sun protection...

    Welcome to the party :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "testers" finished...a bit of basing and I´ll post them soon. It was fun painting them up and imagining more of them set up on my table...YEP!! I´ll do some more
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, great set of pics, I copied the ones with soldiers in blue uniform, as reference for my 17th lancers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Duncan,

    is the first photo simply a uniform-plate or the cover of a whole book?

    cheers
    uwe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Uwe

    The image is from a feature from an old Miniture Modelling Mag...miniature wargames I think...

    Not sure the publication no.

    I'll have a look and let you know

    Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  7. go on nyl forb their myriad images of british colonials. by the way what shops can i visit in berlin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Stuff! I'm waiting on a big batch of Jacklex 20mm colonials from Spencer Smith...this summers "Project"..and your blog is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoi Duncan,

    Looking good mate! I just nominated you for the stylish blogger award I hope you don't mind... see my blog for more info

    Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Sander...

    I have a new copier - but can't get the scanner to work! Aaaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhh!

    Cos I have loads of new stuff to post...so just like the HaT site - its now a long queue ;o)

    ReplyDelete